Friday, January 21, 2011

Chit-chat on Peterson's January issue 1855

January 11th
I have finished reading the January issue in it's entirety and have found inspiration. The worked crown for an infants cap is just beautiful. As infants grow so fast, I will not work the pattern at this time but will in it's stead make one of spotted muslin or swiss. I have the pattern for making up the cap in The Work Woman's Guide. Also, I am tempted to try my hand at making up the Echarpe Orientale in spotted white muslin to be worn this summer. There are other items of interest that I may visit again in the future.

January 21st
Alas, I visited a lovely establishment for some fabric while in Gettysburg and they had no spotted swiss in white. My disappointment is overcome only by the lovely infant shoe pattern that I found in a subsequent issue. I will share my progress in that work as I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment