Thursday, April 12, 2012

Summer Hat Form


3/10/2012 - I purchased the U.S. Civil War Period Summer Hat pattern a while ago. I have been working on it a little here and there. I like how it's coming along.

However, I do have to admit that I have not followed the directions. My brain is so scattered by the modern day projects that trying to read and follow anything seems impossible at the moment. So, I just used the pattern pieces and put them together with binding. There are 3 pieces of millinery wire in there as well.

Here is my buckram base:


I still need to add batting and silk. That silk sale is really holding me up from getting things done. I hope that it pops up soon.

4/12/2012 - Finally, a silk sale! Now this project can get back on track. By the end of next week I should have the blue silk, feather and silk ribbon. By the end of April we should have a finished summer hat. :D