Monday, January 30, 2012

U.S. Civil War Period Summer Hat Pattern

I'm so excited......
                                      I just can't hide it.....................

OK, really, I just received my new hat pattern and I can't wait to get started on it. I have already opened it and read all of the directions. I have the millinery wire, buckram, and miscellaneous other small items. The main thing that is holding me back is the lack of fabric to cover the outside. I really want to make this of white or blue silk and have had my eye out for some for a while.

Oh, sure, I could run right out and pick up some for $12 - $15 per yard.... but I'm to cheap for that. I really want to catch it on sale and get enough for a dress, a purse, the hat, a pair of ball slippers, a belt, and any other little thing that I can make out of the scraps.

I know, I know, I'm not supposed to be matchy, matchy. Sorry, I just can't help myself. And I am really hoping that it is the blue silk that goes on sale. I really like blue. I will be more than happy to settle for white though.

Currently I am kicking myself because I had had some coral colored silk in my e-shopping cart and left the store without purchasing it. Now, the sale is over and the silk is no longer available. Figures. That however, has nothing to do with this hat project.

I will update as the hat is in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment