Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Young Girl's Night Dress & Wrapper

12/4/2011 - Here is the night dress that I made. It has been finished for some time now but I finally put hooks on it. The pretty buttons on the front are for decoration and it closes with hook and eye. The sleeves close with buttons and button holes.



 9/1/2011 - I am making a surprise birthday gift for a young girl turning 7 years old. Really, I am making two items. The first is a night dress of flannel and the second is a quilted wrapper. This is my inspiration for both:

(Disclaimer - I have had this image saved to my computer for some time now. Unfortunately, I didn't write where I saved it from. I am sure this dress is the property of some museum. If anyone knows, please tell me so that I can give proper credit.)

The night dress will have gathered bishop sleeves and two buttons to close the yoked neckline. The wrapper will button the entire length and have coat sleeves. Currently, I have not decided on how to trim either.

No comments:

Post a Comment