Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting Ready For The Remembrance Day Parade In Gettysburg PA

We are getting ready for the Remembrance Day Parade in Gettysburg. We had fun last year but would like to be a little warmer this year. The girls have their mantles and my son has a coat. I just finished up the baby's coat earlier this month along with a hat and scarf. I am working on muffs and hoods or hats for the girls and a hat for my son. Gaiters for everyone would be nice as well but I just don't see how they could be done before November 17th.

My main project for the parade is warm clothing for myself. I am planning on dressing this year even though I will not be demonstrating anything. At the minimum, I need to finish my bonnet and make a wool jacket. I finished a wool fringed shawl before our Hopewell trip but I don't think that will be warm enough by itself. At the most, I would like to have my wool dress finished, but I am not holding my breath for that.

We plan to watch the parade along Baltimore Street just before Steinwehr Avenue. It would be lovely to see other living history folks. So, please feel free to come find us and say hello.