Monday, March 11, 2013

Fabric Sale!!!

I am really loving FashionFabricsClub.com! They are having more sales on silk ($4-6), wool ($5), linen ($5) and cotton ($2.49) fabrics, to name just a few. The sale ends 3/18/2013 so make sure and get what you want. These prices are wonderful!!!

Most of what I grabbed was for modern sewing but I was also able to get a dress length of tropical weight navy wool for my older daughter. She wants a wool "play" dress for winter and for $5 a yard, I was thrilled to get it. She wants a jewel neckline, fitted bodice and bishop sleeves. Yep, this is going to be a very simple 1860s work style dress.

 
 
Solid Navy Blue Tropical Weight Twill Wool Fabric
Imported from Italy, Suitable for Dresses & Blouses
100% Wool, 60" wide
Hand Wash Cold or Dry Clean
Usually $22.00/yd

I also picked up some brown cotton lawn. I will count that as my bonus piece since I have no idea what it will be used for.


 
Dark Brown Lawn Fabric
Suitable for Blouses
100% Cotton, 56" wide
Machine Washable
Usually $10.00/yd
 
To be completely honest. When I saw this brown lawn, the first thing that popped into my head was this brown cloth equestrian costume from Peterson's 1862. Notice the veil. Click here for the full description.
 
 
While I have no interest in making this costume for myself, I didn't let that keep me from picking up the fabric. I'm sure that an occasion will come up where this fabric is the exact piece that I need for something. In the mean time, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

3/18/2013 Update - We lost the navy wool. FFC e-mailed me that they don't have enough of it to fill my order. Click Here to read what they are sending instead.