Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New Fabrics On The Way

There are new fabrics on the way to my house and my sewing list for next year has officially begun. Fashion Fabric Club.com had a sale on cotton $1.99, shirting and voile $2.50, wools and silks $5.00. Here are the great fabrics that I was able to pick up, with the help of my Mom.

"Thanks Mom for the early Christmas present!!!!"

OK, back to the fabrics:

The boys will have matching tunics from this navy print cotton. It is such an interesting, and not at all feminine, print. I may even be able to do something on the bias, perhaps the belts.

 
My older daughter chose this green voile for a nice sheer. She is so good with her clothes that I know it will last for several summers. I can see puffed, short sleeves and low neckline, perhaps a bonnet or hat to match.
 

 
For my younger daughter, we chose a peach and grey shirting. It's nice and light but still sturdier than a sheer fabric. Again, I can see short, puffed sleeves and maybe some self fabric ruffles along the hemline.
 
11/13/2012 Update - I just picked up some semi-sheer cotton voile in turquoise (here) for my younger daughter so she has requested that this fabric be made into a long, bishop sleeved dress for next fall.

 
I was able to grab this beautiful sterling grey dress weight wool. Now to find inspiration for the dress.
 
 

 
And the bonus piece is this beautiful yard of dark navy silk organza. I have no idea what will be made from it, but I'm sure an idea will come to me sooner rather than later. :)
 
12/1/2012 Update - This piece of navy organza was added to my bonnet. Read the post here.


I just love fabric sales!!! Their current sale is on wool......

9/8/12 Update - Received the fabric in the mail today. I was surprised at how long it took FedEx to get it to me, but that had nothing to do with Fashion Fabric Club. It is all just perfect!!!! The best part is that I have more than the yardage I purchased. Each piece is just a bit larger than I ordered, except for the wool; I have a whole extra yard of that. I highly recommend this company!!!!