Friday, May 31, 2013

I've Been Away

.... from historic sewing.

The re-enacting season started without me this year. I have been busy sewing modern clothes for the last several months. It's been very new and exciting for me. Feel free to jump over to my modern sewing blog (here) and see what's been going on.

Starting in June I will be in a historic sewing frenzy. I will be making up as much as I can. There are dresses (for my girls and I) and tunics (for the boys) that I have been planning and have fabric for. So far the list is as follows:

My tan and burgundy dress
Younger daughter's turquoise sheer dress
Younger daughter's cotton poplin dress


Younger daughter's peach and grey dress


Older daughter's green sheer dress
Older daughter's wool/silk skirt w/ blue silk bretelles and skirt ribbons


Older daughter's green silk ball gown
Paletotes  for both girls
Older son's swimming costume
Younger son's long sleeved tunic with belt
misc. aprons, sunhats and such from the scraps



Wow, that's a lot of sewing for the next two months. I think that I can do it. It takes 3 days to make an unadorned dress so I can make 2 dresses a week.. maybe. I will have to take off the weekends to give my eyes and fingers a rest. Wish me luck.

 
8/12/2013 Update - As you can see, I didn't complete my list during June and July. Oh well, I'll just have to keep working on it. I may skip finishing the sheer dresses and just move on to winter items.